The Crimson Flag of Derry
|A band of youthful heroes,|
Within our Maiden Walls,
Once dar'd a tyrants mandates,
As history recalls;
Despising threats and shackles,
That would have seal'd their woes,
They thundered forth defiance
Against insulting foes.
Huzza, then, for the Crimson Flag,
That floated brisk and gay!
And wav'd defiance to the foes
Huzza! Huzza! Huzza!
2. A monarch once in martial mood
3. Away went James with whip and spur,
4. A ruthless force surrounded had our city|
Doom'd they thought;
But soon they found their false hopes
Had gained less than they sought;
A corps of dauntless heros
Our sires in days of yore
Rush'd boldly out upon the foe,
And scorned the cannon's roar.
5. When gallant Browning led the van
6. Let tyrants rule with infamy,